With school letting out all over the nation for summer break, we thought we would hit you with just one more test to see how much you’ve been paying attention. Take this short quiz to find out just how much you know about HeadSweats cycling hats and running caps.
- What fabric technology is utilized in the manufacturing of all of our hats, caps and visors?
- What industry loves our hats and visors at the workplace?
- True or false: We only have hats for the serious runner or cyclist.
- What important element is included in each of our cycling caps, running hats and visor hats?
- Which HeadSweats fabric technology is meant to help keep you safe while being active at night?
- Which HeadSweats fabric technology is great for cold weather activities?
Since 1998, HeadSweats has been producing the best in headwear for elite athletes everywhere. Our hats, caps and visors are recognized throughout the world at the most famous athletic events in the world. Known for our quality and appreciated for our fashion, HeadSweats is the premier manufacturer of cycling caps and running hats and visors that are favored by those who use them.
Answers to today’s quiz:
- Eventure™ is the fabric technology that is the core of every one of our proprietary technical fabrics that create our line of hats and caps.
- Not only do cyclists and runners love our products but it turns out that chefs and restaurant professionals do too.
- False. We have a line of casual hats too.
- All of our performance hats include our patented sweatband.
- Eventure™ Reflective included in our hats and caps keep you visible at night.
- Eventure™ Fleece hats and caps keep your head protected from the cold.
We’ve all heard the advice about carbo-loading before your big race; or drinking a ton of water to get hydrated before a marathon. But where some pre-race nutrition guidelines can actually help you to run a successful race, others may actually hurt your chances of finishing at all. Avoiding these nutrition mistakes before and during your race will help you in the long run (pun intended).
- The Carbo-load. The myth is that you need that extra boost of carbohydrates to help fuel your body through the race. In actuality, the place you may be running to is the restroom and not so much towards the finish line. Don’t overload the night before, but rather consume normal quantities of carbs the week before the race and allow your body to process them in the way that it should without the glut.
- Experimenting with something new. Trying a new food or energy supplement right before or even during the race can bring unexpected results – and not in a positive way. New foods can cause stomach distress and leave you dehydrated and unable to experience the race at your optimal levels.
- Burning calories without replenishing. If you are running longer than an hour than you are going to want to refuel during your event. Keeping handy sources of carbs on hand can help you avoid feeling lethargic and spur you further on.
- Skipping breakfast the day of the race. Whether you normally skip breakfast on any given day, or if race day jitters make you feel slightly nauseous, you’ll want to overcome those issues and make sure to get in a quality breakfast anyway. Keeping your blood sugar steady and providing you with energy to start your race off on the right foot are why eating a wholesome but light breakfast. Opt for a smoothie if solid food leaves you feeling too full.
With all of the advice out there about race day nutrition it is important to find out what works for you. We do know that no matter what preparation you’ve made for your race, we’ll be there to provide protection during your race. Headsweats running caps, hats and visors are specifically manufactured with runners in mind with innovative and breathable fabrics and our exclusive built-in sweatband that helps keep you comfortable and your sweat out of your eyes. With the coolest in visors for men and women, Headsweats look great every step of the way.
The statistics are eye-opening and a bit staggering and not in our favor. A pedestrian or cyclist is killed every 2 hours in the United States in a collision with a motor vehicle. Runners, walkers and cyclists are most likely to be struck in intersections of urban roadways at night according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with low-visibility being a key factor in these fatal incidents.
Increasing visibility during night runs or rides is of the highest priority when it comes to running or riding safely. Reflective clothing has been shown to increase visibility to more than 1000 feet. Which is why we offer hi-visibility running hats, cycling caps and visors for both men and women. We want to keep as many of us outdoor enthusiasts as safe as possible. Our super reflective caps, made with our patented materials that are both water-resistant and include the COOLMAX sweatbands, are designed with comfort, style and safety in mind. In both Ironman® or customizable styles, these reflective options, made with our proprietary Eventure™ reflective fabric, are sure to keep you safer during both early morning or late evening training sessions.
Since our beginnings in 1988, Headsweats associates have always concerned ourselves with the comfort and safety of runners and cyclists all over the United States. Always guaranteed with our 2-year warranty, each and every one of our products is manufactured with the highest quality and workmanship. Keep yourself and loved ones safer with reflective running hats and visors whenever you venture out, whether its for a quick jog around the block or an intense training session. We look forward to many years of business with each of our clients and hope to help keep you safe.
Though it’s most likely a dream or a goal of a good portion of runners, bikers and swimmers to one day participate, or even finish a triathlon like IronMan, you don’t have to be one to enjoy the attributes of our Headsweats running hats and cycling caps. After all, each and every one of us sweat (if you don’t you’re not doing it right) and the most unique head gear in the industry helps not only triathletes but the most recreational of athletes.
Built with special materials to wick moisture away from your head, our cycling hats, running caps and visors, for both men and women, are designed with your comfort in mind. Not only are they cool in function, they look cool too. And, though your comfort is important, we simply believe that your safety is even more so. Its especially important in cold weather to move moisture away from the body, as sweat cools the body as intended, in cold weather hypothermia can be accelerated when sweat is unable to evaporate, keeping skin cool. With Eventure Fleece, stay warm with its breathable, resilience. All of our hats, caps and visors are constructed from our proprietary blend of tech fabrics, our Eventure™ Fabric Technology, our array of athletic headwear keeps you safe and warm too. Whether you are looking to train for a triathlon, race in marathon or just bike with a friend this weekend, we promise a Headsweats hat will keep you looking cool and feeling cooler.
Covering your head, and your adventure need, is our passion at Headsweats and we look forward to helping you choose just the right hat, visor or cap for your athletic endeavors.
They sound awful and feel even worse. If you’ve ever experienced the discomfort caused by a shin splint you understand the need and desire a runner would feel for avoiding this particular injury at almost any cost.
Medically referred to as medial tibial stress syndrome, or MTSS, shin splints basically refers to the occurrence of pain in the shins – or front area of the lower leg. Commonly brought on by strenuous activities like basketball, tennis or racquetteball, shin splints can also be caused by running too frequently on hard surfaces because of the excessive pressure and impact on the lower leg muscles. Running on slanted surfaces, downhill and on uneven surfaces can also attribute to the development or worsening of shin splints.
Symptoms include dull, aching pain on either side of the shinbone and within the muscle itself, soreness along the inner part of the lower leg and can be accompanied by swelling. Numbness and weakness in the feet are also a common symptom.
Avoid shin splints by wearing properly fitting shoes with shock-absorbing insoles. Avoid running on hard surfaces, slopes and uneven terrain. Always begin your training session with a good stretching routine before every session to help avoid shin splints from occurring.
At Headsweats, we always look to make your running or cycling sessions as comfortable and safe as possible. With our technologically advanced materials and innovative construction process, Headsweats running hats, cycling caps and visors for men and women, help make your training sessions as comfortable as possible. Browse our online store for a full selection of the best running hats and cycling caps on the internet.
With Ironman® events happening all over the world, the most famous of all triathlons is attracting more and more participants year after year. Once a sport reserved for the most extreme athletes looking to push beyond their own physical limits, the Ironman is no longer looked at as just for the nuttiest of extreme athletes. From its quiet beginnings in February of 1978, including just 15 competitors, the Ironman® triathlon has grown to become a phenomenon with hundreds of thousands of participants across the globe.
Though most participants do not finish the race which consists of 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking and a full marathon at 26.2 miles, it is always important for every participant to remember to fully train and prepare, both mentally, physically and nutritionally when deciding to take on the Ironman.
Remember first and foremost that a triathlon is like no other sport and will test not only your physical endurance but your mental and emotional capabilities also. Obviously, people don’t start the physical fitness journey with the goal of finishing a triathlon; triathletes are usually those extreme athletes who are already accomplished distance swimmers, marathon runners and century riders. To them, a triathlon is just the next logical step in their fitness journey.
As an official sponsor of the Ironman® Series, Headsweats is proud to offer every triathlete and enthusiasts alike the best cycling hats, running hats and visors for men and women. With the iconic Ironman® logo emblazoned across our Ironman® hats, every participant, and those that dream about participating, can show the world their passion for the iconic event.