Though we look forward to the warmer days of summer as we suffer through the colder temps of winter, it’s likely that we’ll complain about the heat once it’s here. We’re kind of funny like that. However, the heat is hardly an excuse to not get out of the house and on your bike. After all, you lamented the snowy days when they stopped you from being able to enjoy a ride; don’t allow the heat to stop you from doing what you love. Just keep these tips in mind to help keep your ride both safe and enjoyable.
- Hydrate. Though it seems obvious, riders everywhere often forget just how much water and electrolytes they will be using up on a hot ride. Make sure to take in enough before, during and after your ride.
- Start earlier. If possible, ride in the early morning to avoid the heat of the day.
- Choose the proper attire. Wearing the right material and colors can help keep you cool. Avoid cotton and other materials that can soak you in sweat and choose jerseys in lighter colors that don’t absorb as much sun.
- Look for shade. Don’t stop for rest in the full sun. This will actually raise your body temperature more than riding. Find a shady spot to rest or, if possible, stop in a local business to cool down.
- Cover your head. Wearing a Headsweats cycling cap under your helmet can protect your head from sun and keep it cooler too. With our patented moisture-wicking materials, our cycling caps help keep sweat from pooling and our headband stops it from getting into your eyes.
Enjoy comfortable rides throughout the summer with cycling hats and caps by Headsweats.
We’ve all been there. At the beginning. As a newbie we are often at our most enthusiastic, but also at our most vulnerable to mistakes. Unfortunately, in cycling, these mistakes can often lead us to want to give up and quit. Avoid the mistakes that others before you have made to make the transition from beginning to amateur less of an uphill ride.
- Training too hard. Riding a bike is easy, cycling is not. Training hard every day at the beginning can leave you worn out and susceptible to injury. Build up your stamina by allowing your body to recover.
- Doubling-up on training. If you missed one day of training, do not get on your bike the next thinking that you’ll just do twice the distance. Ride consistently to build up your fitness levels.
- Riding uncomfortably. Make sure that your seat is at the proper level. Riding with it too low can stress knees and reduce power. Make sure that it is high enough that your foot rests on the pedal at the bottom of the stroke with a slight bend in the knee. You should be able to touch the ground with your tip-toes.
- Wearing underwear under your bike shorts. Trust us, you’ll thank us after going “commando”.
- Being too generous with the lube. Over lubing your chain can cause it to collect dirt and grime which lessens the life of the chain. Make sure that it is not wet to the touch.
- 6. Not wearing the proper gear. Cotton t-shirts don’t wick away moisture and will be keep sweat close to your body. Also make sure to wear a cycling cap or cycling hat under your helmet to increase your comfort level. Headsweats cycling caps are made of the most innovative, breathable materials and include a patented headband that helps you avoid sweat dripping into your eyes.
Spring is here and summer is in the air! I know there are some hardcore cyclists who like to bike in the snow, mud, and winter cold. For most cyclists though, spring and summer is the time to take advantage of the roadways.
Are you stocked up with the cycling hats and caps to keep you stylin’? At Heatsweats we sure hope so! If you are looking to hold back your luscious locks while you’re out cruisin’ the roadways on your speedster, you must check out our awesome cycling styles of caps. With the caps we have to choose from, your hair will be held back from the wind and all of the other elements that you ride through.
Are you lucky enough to live in a state that is popular for cycling such as Colorado? Colorado is one of the most dominate states when it comes to cycling. People are seen biking to work and home everyday no matter what the weather throws at them. That is dedication right there. If you are just as dedicated as one of those cyclists our website is for you. Cycling caps are a must if you want to make it to your meeting on time and keep your looks flawless. No one will be able to tell that you just rode 40 miles to get to your morning meeting. We invite you to check out all a hat or cap that’ll fit your head by visiting us online here. We hope you get your ride on this summer and use our products to reach your full potential.