CALLING ALL ARTISTS AND HEADSWEATS SUPER FANS!
This year we’re giving our customers the opportunity to show us what Headsweats means to them with our 20th Anniversary Design Contest.
Now it’s your turn to show your love for Headsweats through your art! Your mission: Design a first-of-its kind limited-edition front panel trucker to celebrate Headsweats’ 20 years of performance headwear.
Since 1998 Headsweats has been making active headwear for athletes and adventurers around the world. From renowned endurance events and community giving and philanthropy, to mythical creatures of Bigfoot and Jackalope, the Headsweats brand has evolved to represent so much to so many. It all started with the “Cotton Classic,” and now 20 years later we are asking YOU to be a part of our history and heritage.
The contest is open now through April 8, 11:59am MST. The top 3 designs (as determined by Team Headsweats) will be voted on by the public and the winner will be featured across the Headsweats website, social channels, and at events for the remainder of the year! The lucky winner will receive a handful of their exclusively designed hats for friends and family, in addition to a $100 Headsweats gift card to stock up on any of their other Headsweats favorites. The best part? A portion of proceeds from the winning hat will go exclusively to support one of Headsweats 9 nonprofit partners of the winner’s choice!
Please review the contest details and official entry requirements below CAREFULLY. Design submissions which do not meet all of the criteria below will not be considered for entry. Keep a Cool Head, have fun and be creative! Good Luck!
HOW TO ENTER:
Create something original and marketable!
- Please research to make sure your idea isn’t already out there. This contest is to submit artistic designs for a product that is to be officially licensed and sold, so submissions with obscene content or designs that include 3rd party or copyrighted materials will not be considered.
- All design should be your own creation. Feel free to get inspiration for stylized art from the Headsweats website and social channels, but avoid using any existing artwork from Headsweats as part of your design. The best designs will be colorful, simple, and capture the essence of Headsweats’ brand style and philosophy.
Format your design. Please use the template provided here.
- Specs: 8in x 6.5in at 300 dpi.
- Type: EPS, PDF, or AI(Illustrator) file
Submit your design.
- Email design submissions to email@example.com using this template between now and April 8 11:59 MST. Please include your name, address, and telephone number and a quick sentence or two about the context or significance of your design.
- Share your design on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter by tagging @Headsweats AND using the hashtags #headsweats20th and #HSdesigncontest
- Each person can submit up to five designs, however please do not submit similar versions of the same design. Submitting the overall same design but with small changes will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning.
Q: How do I enter?
A: Please see above for official contest rules and entry requirements. Please note, there is no purchase necessary to enter or win. This contest is open to legal US residents who are 18 years of age or older.
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is approximately 8in by 6.5in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won’t work on a hat and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: If I become a finalist is it ok for me to promote my design so that people I know vote for my design?
A: Yes! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. After all, you put in the hard to make it to the finals!
Q: Did I win?
A: We will review every submission we receive within 2 business days, however we do not have the capacity to notify those that are not finalists. The top 3 designs will be chosen by Headsweats and notified between April 8 and April 12. These designs will then be featured in a public vote on Headsweats website the weekend of April 13-15.
- Launch Date: March 12
- Closing Date for Submissions: April 8
- Public Vote on Top 3: April 13-15
- Winner Notified: April 16
- Hat Production Begins: April 17
- Winner and Design Announced to Public: May 1
- Final Hat Promotion Begins: June 2018
Q: Why didn’t I win?
A: Please know that if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design is not in the correct file format: EPS/PDF/AI
- You have submitted more than five designs, or your designs are too similar to each other.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copyrighted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to, or you’ve used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. (A scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a submission 😊.)
Q: Is there a prize?
A: $100 Headsweats Gift Certificate and 6 hats of your design! The hats will be featured at Headsweats trade shows and special events across the country, and for sale exclusively on the Headsweats website in 2018. The winner will also get to choose one of our nonprofit partners to receive a portion of the online sales.
Good luck to all the participants!