Its a problem that most of us face, the loss of motivation. Some of us lose it in the middle of a tough workday; some lose it when facing another day of cleaning house, others face it simply having to deal with other people. Runners, though generally pretty driven people, also have their lapses in motivation for getting out for their daily run. Here are a few tips that other runners use when motivation is lacking.
1. Remember your goals. If you haven’t written them down, do so. Seeing your personal goals can help you over the hump.
2. Talk to other runners. Make sure to spur each other on when the other’s motivation takes a hit.
3. Surround yourself with running. Watch movies and youtube videos, read running magazines and search for new places to run. Get yourself excited about running again.
4. Go ahead and change it up. Run at a different time of day, find a new trail, even buy new running shoes or clothes to get inspired again.
5. Take a lesson from Nike and just do it. Remember that there are always going to be days where we simply don’t feel like it. It’s ok to feel that way, it’s not ok to give into those feelings again and again. That’s why its called “pushing yourself”. Quit your whining and start the running. You’ll be happy you did.
If a new running hat or visor will get you in the mood, Headsweats offers hundreds of options in visors for women and men and running caps and hats. Browse through our site for our hats that are built to keep you both comfortable and safe during your run.